It’s one thing to outsource janitorial cleaning services but another to find a company that prioritizes efficiency. Although nearly 2 million companies currently offer commercial cleaning packages, many focus on closing deals rather than offering the best service.
That’s why every facility manager should be looking for an efficient and reliable commercial janitorial company with proven track records to handle their cleaning needs. In this article, we’ll cast light on why efficiency is important for commercial cleaning services and how to choose the right one. Let’s dive in!
What Is Efficiency in Janitorial Services, and Why Does It Matter?
Efficiency in janitorial cleaning involves offering the best service and producing a clean-looking environment with as few products as possible. It goes beyond working hard; it's about working smart and getting the best results.
Commercial cleaning companies must know how to combine general cleaning techniques and tools to maximize a space’s appeal and promote public health. Some ways janitorial service providers can do this include:
Ways Janitorial Providers Can Maximize Efficiency
1. Time Management
Even with the number of janitors available globally, time management is still very important. A good cleaner must align their cleaning routine with the client’s work schedule. The goal is to set the cleaning time at hours when there is minimal movement in the facility.
Doing so can get the job done faster with little or no interruption from staff. Also, it saves time and helps keep janitors engaged in productive activities, thereby covering more quickly.
Efficiency also encompasses the ability to work without causing accidents. To increase safety, janitors should place signs that communicate effectively to passersby. Use signs that indicate when the floor is wet or slippery or when there is a risk of electrical encounters. By putting up these signs, people will know which areas to avoid and reduce the risk of injury.
3. Incorporate Temperature
The higher the temperature of the water used to clean, the higher the chances of killing germs. Temperatures at 165°F and above will kill more germs and leave the area cleaner than lower temperatures. Encourage your janitors to boil water and steam their cleaning equipment to kill germs and sanitize.
4. Use Disinfectants
Viruses, bacteria, and fungi are hazardous to the environment and human health. One of the best ways janitorial services can protect facilities is by using approved disinfectants. Disinfectants are essential for removing microbes while also cleaning for aesthetic purposes.
Why Does Efficiency Matter?
Here are a couple of reasons you should search for “efficient janitorial services near me" when looking online:
- It Attracts Clients: A clean environment will attract customers, while a dirty one will keep them away. More than 75% of the respondents in a survey said that they would not visit a restaurant whose reviews suggest a deficiency in cleanliness. Thus, the first step in attracting clients is to work with a commercial cleaning company that is efficient.
- It Promotes Good Health: As we know, a cluttered, greasy, and dusty environment is not only uncomfortable but bad for health. Research shows that dust alone can irritate the skin, throat, and lungs and cause other complications. Thus, to preserve everyone’s health, janitorial services should be efficient enough to remove all dirt and dust and avoid leaving spilled chemicals.
Strategies to Reduce Cleaning Costs Without Sacrificing Quality
Here's what you can do to get adequate cleaning results without breaking the bank.
- Place waste bins strategically in your office space to help reduce littering. A less cluttered and littered environment will cost less when paying a janitor to clean it up.
- Encourage your employees to play their part in cleaning up and reducing clutter to prepare the environment for your janitorial service to perform efficiently.
- Hire a janitorial cleaning company that incorporates automation into their cleaning service; automation reduces the workforce and, thus, helps the janitorial service providers to provide cost-effective services.
The Importance of Regular Cleaning Schedules and Checklists
Organization is essential to all work, and ensuring the smooth running of all tasks is vital. Creating a cleaning schedule and checklist helps in the following ways:
- Having a cleaning schedule based on the activity level in the facility helps reduce the amount of work. The schedule helps you avoid overwhelming dirt loads.
- It reduces the probability of procrastination and indecisiveness as to when to clean, stabilizing the cleaning regimen.
- Regular cleaning schedules help maintain cleanliness.
- Checklists help delegate cleaning duties and increase efficiency. Janitors can easily spot what has been cleaned and which places have been left out.
What Is the Most Efficient Commercial Cleaning Service?
Georgia Facility Services is the go-to commercial janitorial service provider for any facility you want to clean. We have flourished through 15 years of consistent efficiency with no record of accidents, even after serving hundreds of clients. Our services cut across many industries, and we have a track record of satisfied clients as proof of our efficiency and reliability. If you need the best janitorial services for your facility, get an estimate today and start your cleanliness journey with us.