The commercial cleaning industry is rapidly growing, with over 2.1 million people in the United States working in the janitorial services sector. Hence, outsourcing commercial cleaning in Atlanta has become the go-to option because these professionals know the nitty gritty of keeping your school, office, hospital, or warehouse clean.
However, as the rate of cleaning service providers in Atlanta and other parts of the country increases, finding the right company to keep your facility dirt- and disease-free has become daunting. To help you make more informed decisions, here are six simple, actionable tips for choosing the right janitorial service company for your Atlanta facility.
Six Tips for Choosing the Right Janitorial Service Company for Your Atlanta Facility
1. Understand Your Needs
Different facilities have unique needs for janitorial services. For instance, hospitals will require frequent cleaning and disinfection due to infectious diseases and higher hygiene standards. These may include disinfection of medical equipment, operating rooms, isolation rooms, and other areas with strict infection control protocols.
In contrast, schools do not need as much intensive handling as healthcare facilities. So, evaluating the type of janitorial services your facility requires is important. This will help you hire commercial cleaners specializing in maintaining, disinfecting, and sanitizing your environment.
Also, properly evaluating your Atlanta facility will help optimize your potential cleaning schedules, cut unnecessary costs, and give you access to the best cleaning methods tailored to meet your facility needs.
2. Check Certifications and Licenses
Certifications are proof of one’s expertise in a particular field. They’re often the major difference between a handyman and a professional. While certifications are relevant in every industry, it gets more serious in commercial cleaning services in Atlanta since anyone can register a company, pick up brooms, and run social media ads.
This can be quite scary because of the safety challenges that come with cleaning. Licenses prove that a cleaning company has jurisdiction to practice its craft in a particular location. What this means is that a janitorial service provider may have trained staff with the requisite certifications, but if it doesn’t have the right licenses, it becomes illegal for the firm to operate in a defined region.
Knowing these requirements can save you from a lot of legal dilemmas. Here are the top reasons to check certifications and licenses when choosing commercial cleaning services in Atlanta.
- Environmental Friendliness: It goes without saying that everyone has a role to play in combating climate change. Despite how loud the message is preached, not every cleaning company has caught on. Certifications like Green Seal are a testament to how trained and conscious commercial janitorial services are in regard to using environmentally friendly practices to clean their clients’ facilities and homes.
- Updated Training: It’s one thing to offer proper training, and it’s another thing to stay updated with the latest procedures and demands of the industry. Since some certifications have expiry dates, hiring a firm with up-to-date certifications proves that they’ve consistently remained in tune with the changing training dynamics of the industry.
- Safety and Health Issues: The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is an arm of the US Department of Labor that enforces safety and health compliance in various industries. OSHA’s job is critical because there are about 340 million workplace accidents yearly. Hence, hiring OSHA-certified janitorial services in Atlanta will go a long way in ensuring that the workers are properly trained to mitigate the likelihood of accidents during cleaning exercises.
- Reduced Liability: When you mention accidents, the next thing that follows is liabilities. Whether it’s increased health insurance premiums or compensation to insured workers, your firm will certainly bear its fair share of financial liabilities when things go wrong during the course of janitorial services.
Being certified and licensed, cleaning companies like Georgia Facility Services with zero accident rates will significantly help you reduce these occurrences that could lead to fatalities or financial losses.
3. Research Company History
Every company is only as good as its founders or the team behind them. So, don’t consider it a petty thing to dig deep into unraveling the history of the janitorial cleaning company you want to hire. This gives you insight into their journey, who they’ve worked with, their hallmarks, and the challenges they’ve faced.
Ascertain their industry reputation, success rate, reliability, professionalism, and consistency in delivering quality janitorial services. For better results, you may want to check their reviews on reputable platforms.
Common red flags include past lawsuits, regulatory violations, or negative incidents that might impact their suitability as a service provider for your facility. On the other hand, you can also find green flags that will convince you to work with them to keep your establishment clean and free from germs, dirt, and pathogens.
4. Request References
Don't be afraid to ask for references; if they offer the services they market, they'll have multiple. The fact is, any company that has satisfied its client base will not have any issue requesting reference letters. References will give you insight into the real-life experiences of previous clients (especially ones in your industry) with the commercial janitorial services you are considering.
References give you an authentic perspective on the cleaning company's customer support, service quality, genuineness, deadline integrity, performance, and professionalism. Suppose a company has a track record of starting a project and leaving it halfway; you'll be able to identify this red flag through the provided references.
5. Obtain a Quote
Numerous studies have shown that pricing is an important factor most people consider when choosing a brand. This is because pricing, payment options, and cleaning schedules vary among janitors. So, when you start considering hiring a company offering commercial cleaning in Atlanta, ensure that you look around to find the best offer.
Do not jump on any deal by janitorial services in Atlanta until you compare quotes from various providers to get an accurate estimate. However, it's worth noting that the cheapest deal doesn't always mean the right fit. So, pricing must always be juxtaposed with the other factors we've listed here.
Also, if you search for “janitorial services near me,” you'll find that different cleaning companies offer additional services, cleaning schedules, delivery windows, discounts, and customization options. It is essential to know if these additional services include extra costs. Outline the benefits of choosing each agency and what is on the table before settling for commercial janitorial services.
6. Review All Terms and Conditions
Research shows that only one percent of internet users read the terms and conditions before agreeing. For many people, paying attention to terms is a waste of time. However, a service agreement's terms and conditions ensure the parties understand their rights and responsibilities. While it's advisable to read through all agreements carefully before signing any contract with janitorial services in Atlanta, it's better if you rely on the services of your legal personnel so you don't miss any potential issues.
Many factors, including positive reviews, good reputation, compliance with industry safety standards, and professionalism, determine if your desired commercial cleaning firm is good. However, that's not all that matters; here are other factors that make up a good janitorial cleaning company:
- Excellent Communication: In every business setting, open and clear communication is crucial for addressing any concerns, changes in scheduling, or specific cleaning needs. A good commercial cleaning company maintains effective lines of communication with clients.
- Environmentally Friendly Practices: Many people value eco-friendly cleaning solutions and practices. A good janitorial cleaning company uses environmentally safe products and methods to offer green care to minimize the chances of a negative impact on the health of occupants.
- Reliability: Depending on your establishment, the commercial cleaning company is expected to assign schedules that do not interrupt your Atlanta facility's activities. After fixing a program that works for both parties, a good janitorial service provider should maintain high delivery integrity and be willing to do their job at the right time.
- Flexibility in Scheduling: A good cleaning company offers flexibility in scheduling to accommodate your operational hours, emergencies, and special events, ensuring minimal disruption to business or educational activities.
- Customized Commercial Cleaning Plans: A good cleaning company tailors its services to each client's needs. This means developing a cleaning plan that addresses the facility's unique requirements.
- Insurance Coverage: A cleaning company with good insurance coverage has a safety net in case something goes wrong. For instance, if there's an accident or damage during the cleaning process, the company has insurance that can help cover the costs of fixing or replacing things.
- Quality Assurance: When choosing a commercial cleaning company, ensure they maintain high-quality standards and have mechanisms for consistent service quality.
- Safety Measures: Ensure your cleaning company follows safety measures that ensure employees, students, visitors, and janitors are safe. They should follow precautions to avoid accidents or harm.
Now that you know how to choose the right commercial cleaning company and the right boxes they must tick to offer you the best services for your Atlanta facility, the next step is to find one that fits the description.
Georgia Facility Services is a reputable janitorial cleaning company offering top-notch commercial cleaning services to facilities in Atlanta, Georgia and other locations in the US. Request more info now if you're ready to take your facility's cleanliness to 100%.