Although the concept of using commercial cleaning services is not alien, some facility managers don’t know that these professionals offer assistance to establishments in various industries. Many people believe that schools and hospitals are the top beneficiaries, but the market, which was valued at $370.56 billion in 2022, proves otherwise.
Knowing there's no restriction regarding comprehensive cleaning services, anyone can reap the rewards of deep cleaning, including facilities in the manufacturing industry. If you want to work with cleaning service providers for your warehouse, this article will serve as a guide to help you navigate the process. Read on!
The Benefits of Comprehensive Cleaning Services
The benefits of using commercial janitorial services are endless, as they will significantly improve your environment's safety and cleanliness. Some benefits are included below.
A clean and well-maintained manufacturing plant can improve people’s perception of your brand and attract more clients and customers. Also, it will be clutter-free, ensuring that employees are focused on their assigned tasks rather than cleaning up the warehouse.
Globally, there are about 160 million victims of workplace-induced illness yearly. These avoidable sick days result in companies losing resources due to lower productivity. A clean space reduces the growth and spread of germs, pathogens, and other harmful bacteria that can trigger allergies and cause illnesses.
Besides keeping your employees and others safe, utilizing the services of a commercial cleaning company gives you and your workers more time to focus on productive and complex activities, thereby growing your business.
There's no denying that the majority (about 94% of employees) feel more productive when working in a clean and clutter-free space. Higher productivity is beneficial for both you and your workers because it equates to faster job delivery, increased sales, and higher returns.
Safety and Compliance
Laws preventing workplace hazards in warehouses exist to ensure that employees and other visitors to your establishment are safe and healthy. Since these regulations are instituted for these sole purposes, keeping your workplace dirty and unsafe is a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Manufacturing cleaning services provide specific cleaning solutions tailored to your facility's requirements. Whether you prefer daily or monthly cleaning, they can set up a plan perfect for your budget and schedule.
Increased Lifespan of Equipment
Regular cleaning can increase the lifespan of your tools, furniture, and fixtures. This way, you can save money on repairs and replacements.
Commercial cleaners know the right products and techniques to apply to achieve the best results. They use green care technology and also undergo training to help them tackle complex cleaning tasks.
Understanding the Different Types of Cleaning and Their Impact on Your Plant
Depending on your plant’s operations, you will need various types of cleaning at different times. Be sure you understand the workings of your plant before you draw up a cleaning schedule and engage manufacturing cleaning services. Some types of cleaning services you can choose from include:
- Equipment Cleaning: This involves cleaning and disinfecting tools you use in your manufacturing process. It may sometimes require moving and dismantling the equipment to ensure a thorough cleaning. Because of how thorough this manufacturing cleaning service is, it is not advisable to do it too often. If it is too frequent, it can disrupt the manufacturing process and affect the overall efficiency of the business. Generally, a monthly interval is ideal, depending on how often you use the equipment.
- Sanitization: This cleaning involves using cleaning supplies to disinfect the manufacturing area. The aim is to eliminate harmful pathogens and bacteria to ensure your products retain quality and safety. This type of cleaning is usually carried out in the food processing and pharmaceutical industries to reduce the risk of regulatory fines and product recalls. Based on its importance, this type of cleaning can be more frequent than others. Failure to sanitize your plant regularly can lead to sanctions that could halt the manufacturing process entirely.
- Deep Cleaning: This is the most thorough type of cleaning available. This commercial cleaning service involves tearing down everything and cleaning all the neglected and hard-to-reach areas in your warehouse. As a benefit, this cleaning helps ventilate the area, reduce clutter, and give the area an overall clean look. Considering the time and effort that goes into deep cleaning, it is recommended that you do it at well-spaced intervals or on your off days. That way, you can achieve a clean space without disrupting your production activities.
- HVAC Cleaning: This involves cleaning and maintaining your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system to maintain air quality and temperature control. HVAC cleaning will reduce energy consumption and improve the comfort of your premises. The effect of one clean can last for a while before you need another. Consequently, you do not have to carry out this type of cleaning too often.
- Compliance Cleaning: This kind of cleaning aims to ensure that your factory stays in line with the various regulations on safety, cleanliness, and environmental practices. Compliance cleaning will help you avoid fines and any of the legal implications of non-compliance. To get this done, you would need to first know the environmental regulations specific to your industry.
How to Choose an Experienced and Reputable Cleaning Service
Research shows that there are currently over one million janitorial businesses in the US. Going by these numbers, it is clear that there are many options available for you to choose from. However, you do not want to settle for a company that does not offer you the best warehouse cleaning services. So, to choose a reputable and experienced cleaning service, you should:
- Identify Your Cleaning Needs: Before you begin your search, you should already know the type of cleaning you need in your plant. Doing this will help you narrow down your search to cleaning companies that offer the services you need.
- Ask for Recommendations: You can ask your friends, family, or business partners to recommend cleaning services. They will give you information about the company and their experience working with them.
- Look for Online Reviews: When you see a company you like, search out reviews about its staff, offerings, and services in general. Search engines like Google and websites like Yelp can also provide reviews from verified sources.
- Get a Quote: You can ask for a quote from the cleaning company to get an estimate on their pricing and other necessary details. A reputable company will have no issue providing you with a quote upon request. Also, get quotes from different companies to compare prices. If you find one with a price within your budget, you can partner with them. However, remember that price is not the best proof of quality.
- Review Their Service Contract and Flexibility: The service contract should properly outline its prices, terms, guarantees, warranties, and scope of work. Also, be sure to ask questions about flexibility and availability to ensure that they can fit into your schedule. If there’s any confusion or uncertainty, contact a lawyer to review the contract and give you the go-ahead before signing.
- Visit Their Office: Although this step is not mandatory, it is an added advantage if you live within the geographical location of the company. It will help you interact with the staff directly and air all your concerns. You can also use the opportunity to check out their cleaning tools and equipment.
The Advantages of Working With a Professional Cleaning Team
When it comes to warehouse cleaning or any form of cleaning in general, you need to put your best foot forward. You can only achieve the best results when you work with a professional cleaning team. The advantages of working with such a team go beyond having a clean space. You will also enjoy:
- Consistent and scheduled warehouse cleaning to ensure that your manufacturing plant is neat and safe at all times.
- Quality cleaning products and tools that will not only keep you and your employees safe from chemical hazards but also protect your equipment from wear and tear.
- Professional staff who are familiar with all the industry's guidelines and also have a track record of working with companies in your industry.
- Less money spent on regular maintenance or lost from low productivity.
- Environmental responsibility thanks to eco-friendly products.
Implementing a Proactive Cleaning Strategy for Long-Term Benefits
The goal is to ensure that your manufacturing plant remains safe and compliant with industry regulations on cleanliness. This is only possible with a well-thought-out and proactive cleaning strategy. A professional cleaning company will significantly benefit you in this area.
Be open and upfront with all your cleaning struggles and concerns. Professionals can help you draw up an effective cleaning strategy to keep your plant clean and ensure your business's smooth function.
Outlining Your Cleaning Service Options
Since the COVID-19 pandemic, there has been a 75% increase in service inquiries and demand for commercial cleaning services. Similarly, more janitorial companies are springing up to handle the surge.
While jumping for the first warehouse cleaning services you find online may be tempting, the result may be disastrous. It's best to properly evaluate your cleaning needs and the cleaning service company's offers before settling on any provider.
By now, you already know that maintaining cleanliness in the manufacturing industry is non-negotiable. In simple terms, cleanliness is important because it will pave the way for a smoother production process and keep plants in line with industry standards.