It’s a new year and the time for new beginnings. At this point, everyone is busy drafting New Year’s resolutions and strategies to take their business to the next level. It’s easy to get caught up in planning and strategizing and forget one crucial thing: cleaning.
Unfortunately, many industry professionals run their businesses without paying attention to office cleaning strategies. But those who do end up increasing their workplace productivity. This year, you don’t have to do this alone; you can employ an office cleaning service to make things easier. Keep reading to learn how you start fresh in the new year.
Budgeting for 2024
Giving your business a fresh start in the new year would be impossible without first drawing up an all-encompassing budget. It’s like setting out on a journey without a destination; you’ll lose your way and waste your time.
Budgeting is not exclusive to big businesses; small businesses should adopt this technique, too. Unfortunately, studies show that small businesses are the least likely to adopt a budget, and many do not document their budget at all.
Budgeting goes beyond creating a plan for your expenses; it also involves listing your income and proposed means of expansion. With your current capital, you can outline your expenses and create an estimate of your income.
As you draw up your budget, include realistic data and numbers. You can’t budget a massive chunk of your finances towards decoration when you barely have enough to keep the business running.
You can even adopt the principle of opportunity costs as you create your budget. List your wants in their order of importance and attach a price to them. That way, you can pay attention to the things that matter.
Costs like electricity, transportation, insurance, taxes, and even office cleaning services are essential and should be part of your budget no matter the business you run.
The Benefits of Comprehensive Office Cleaning
Comprehensive office cleaning is essential because it can help employees focus on their jobs instead of worrying about their work environment. Over time, hiring the services of a commercial cleaning company has proven to be a worthwhile investment as it offers the following benefits:
- A Good First Impression: A clean office is a great way to make an excellent, lasting impression on your audience. Imagine walking into a clean, fresh office space for a consultation; you’ll never want to leave. Sometimes, clients look beyond the office space. Places like the restroom, parking lot, hallway, and more can give impressions about your company’s cleanliness. A study by the International Sanitary Supply Association (ISSA) shows that a clean restroom can cause customers to return to a business. On the other hand, a disorganized and dirty workspace can drive customers away. If your business provides essential services, office cleaning should be your priority.
- Better Cleaning: It’s one thing to clean your workspace but another to clean it well. Many companies use self-cleaning services that are not effective, so they end up with dirty spaces after a short while. You need a commercial cleaning company that will meet all your expectations. With their years of expertise and efficiency, you can rest assured that the cleaning company will ensure your office space remains spotless.
- Saves Time: Cleaning is easier and faster when you have all the necessary tools and equipment. Professional cleaners have everything they need and will clean your office space in record time. Investing in office cleaning services also lets you focus on your tasks. Instead of worrying about your work and how to keep your office in good shape, you can outsource cleaning and save time.
- A Safer Work Environment: Poor hygiene can lead to common illnesses like the flu and colds. If anyone in a workplace is sick, it’s easy to spread it to others because of everyday interactions in the office. This widespread illness can reduce efficiency and productivity in the workplace. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, private businesses lose around $2.8 million yearly because of sick days and workplace injuries. These losses can drive businesses to bankruptcy. That is why you should invest in a clean and safe work environment to reduce the chances of sick days.
Turn-Key Cleaning Solutions
“Turn-key” cleaning solutions refer to those comprehensive cleaning services that cover every part of your building. The idea is that the cleaning company already has everything they need in place, and the client just has to initiate the process by “turning the key.”
This cleaning solution is an excellent option for offices, especially those outsourcing for the first time and unsure how to proceed. You just need to sit back, relax, and watch your office take on a new shape. This cleaning solution usually features:
- Assessment and evaluation of the facility to determine the extent of cleaning needed and draw up a cleaning plan.
- Providing the necessary cleaning tools and equipment to fix up the space.
- A thorough cleaning and disinfection of different areas of the office space.
- Quality control to keep the space clean and fresh according to the client's preferences.
- Follow-up services and maintenance to keep the office space tidy till the next cleaning session.
This question has plagued the minds of many business owners for the longest time because they need long-lasting solutions. So it's not enough to wipe down tables and sweep dirt off the floor; the office has to maintain that standard of cleanliness.
One mistake people often make when cleaning their workplace is using one cleaning technique for every spot. Each business/workplace is unique, with different dimensions, equipment, and workstation setups.
Professional cleaners understand this, so they always recommend customized cleaning plans for their clients. By doing so, they can provide office cleaning services tailored to suit each client. They take note of your schedule and working hours so that their operation does not interrupt your productivity.
This can also reduce the risk of slips, falls, and other accidents likely to occur during cleaning. Furthermore, they reduce people's interference with their work so they can work better. In the end, you get to come to a spotless workstation and work efficiently without the distraction of a cluttered space.
Advanced Cleaning Technologies and Eco-Friendly Practices
Cleaning has a positive effect on your business and your office space. However, it can have dangerous consequences when it is not done right. For instance, cleaning technologies and tools can harshly affect individuals and the environment.
That is why professional cleaning companies use advanced technologies and eco-friendly practices that do not harm you. They do not just care about your environment; they are also particular about your safety.
When it comes to office cleaning, Atlanta is in safe hands. At Georgia Facility Services, we use the best cleaning solutions coupled with techniques that are not harmful to the environment. You need clean office spaces all year round, and we are available to deliver!
The No. 1 Commercial Cleaning Company In Atlanta
At Georgia Facility Services, we offer our clients only the best cleaning service. For us, it is more than a cleaning service; it is a commitment to safety, convenience, and long-term productivity in the workplace.
So, if you want to take office hygiene seriously this new year, we've got you covered. A quick search for “office cleaning services near me” will give you access to some of the most reliable commercial cleaning companies.
You can even get the best cleaning deals tailored to suit your budget and office space. There's no need to worry about maintaining a clean space anymore. Send an inquiry to get the details of all our service offerings and get started. Together, we can give your office a fresh start in this new year.