The holidays are almost here, and many companies are preparing for a thorough cleaning before the winter break begins. If you want to make the best impression on your clients next season, this is the right time to start planning.
As of 2022, there were over 1.1 million commercial cleaning services in the US, which is a massive increase of 6.9% from the previous year. This shows the importance and growing demand for deep cleaning services nationwide. However, before getting started, you should know how holiday cleaning services work, the benefits, and how to hire the best commercial cleaning company. Read on!
What Is Deep Cleaning?
Deep cleaning is a thorough and intensive cleaning process involving the removal of dirt, dust, trash, grime, and tough stains within the company premises. It is also an in-depth cleaning process of not just the visible surfaces in your workplace but also hidden places that can breed germs (bacteria) and biological hazards like rodents, reptiles, and other harmful organisms. Typically, you can get an in-house team to do this or hire reputable commercial cleaning services.
Why Deep Cleaning Is Important for Businesses During the Holiday Season
The holiday season is a special time that every employer looks forward to for relaxation and recreation. Likewise, the working environment needs refreshing for the next productive season. Here are a few reasons deep cleaning for the holidays is important:
- Impressions: First, every business needs to give off an aura showing excellence and grandeur. Hiring a commercial cleaning service during the holiday will give you this edge while leaving your entire building sparkling.
- Employee Morale: A neat working space directly impacts your employees' working disposition. Nobody wants to show up for work in the morning only to be met with allergy-triggering dust particles on their desks. If you want to bring out the best in your employees this holiday season, then deep cleaning is non-negotiable.
- Health and Safety: Over 2.3 million people are victims of workplace diseases and accidents yearly. This alarming figure could be significantly reduced if business owners took more proactive steps to keep their environments safe. Suppose you hire a reputable holiday cleaning services provider. In that case, you can rest assured that they will not only disinfect your workspace but also take steps to prevent the likelihood of work-related accidents.
- Festive Atmosphere: The fresh air of Christmas comes with lots of expectations. Apart from the shining lights and jingle bell melodies, it requires an ambiance of relaxation and joy, which you can only get in a tidy and decluttered environment.
Comprehensive Deep Cleaning Services for Holidays
There are several things a professional commercial cleaning service provider will do for you as far as deep cleaning for the holidays is concerned. They include the following:
1. Carpet and Rug Cleaning
The purpose of office carpets and rugs is for beautification. These are some of the first things a client notices when they visit your business, and they can become smelly and nasty. You may want to keep a clean and hygienic carpet and rug to maintain your reputation. But this can be daunting because of inevitable daily usage. Utilizing professional commercial cleaning services is recommended to get the job done, especially during the holiday season.
2. Window and Window Blind Cleaning
Have you ever wondered why, even after the day-to-day cleaning routine in your office, you always notice dust particles on your desk or office floor? This is often due to dust accumulating on your window edges and blinds. Most traditional cleaners only focus on your property’s easy and visible spaces. However, a professional commercial cleaning service provider will use effective equipment to clean the windows and frames, combating even the slightest hint of dirt or dust particles.
3. Ceiling Cleaning
The ceiling is almost completely forgotten in most daily cleaning routines. That's why most office spaces have spider webs in conspicuous places. Regardless of your ceiling type, a seasoned commercial cleaning company will help you handle this without hassle.
4. Upholstery Cleaning
Your office cushions, like chairs and sofas, are made of soft coverings like leather or fibers. These furniture pieces are meant to host clients, either to keep them waiting or to discuss business. Imagine a potential client's dissatisfaction when you subject them to sitting on a dusty or smelly sofa. Waving a piece of cloth over the seats doesn’t necessarily get the job done, as there is more to it if you really want to make those sofas and couches as cozy as possible. A clean cushion says more about your competence than you may think, and you can only score those important points when you work with experienced commercial cleaning service providers.
5. Restroom Cleaning
Your restrooms are where the human body is exposed to germs and microorganisms like bacteria and fungi. It is not enough to clean them daily; the purpose of holiday cleaning is to effectively treat the walls, doors, toilets, and sinks for infectious organisms. If you’re worried about the hazardous effects of heavy chemicals, you can resort to using green cleaning solutions to get the job done while keeping the air safe for everyone.
Tips for Preparing Your Business for a Professional Deep Clean
Preparing for a holiday cleaning requires a small amount of preparation. Here are a few tips that can guide you in proper planning:
- Draft a budget for a holiday deep cleaning service for your facility.
- Inquire about the best commercial cleaning company within your budget and contract their service.
- Inform your employees early enough of when the cleaning will take place.
- Arrange personal items within your space.
- Remove non-cushion items like plants, pictures, and objects from the walls and floor.
- Identify the special areas needing in-depth cleaning and notify your service provider beforehand.
- Ask the deep cleaning service provider for valid authorization and insurance against damages or loss during cleaning.
How to Choose the Right Deep Cleaning Service Provider
As mentioned earlier, there are over a million janitorial service providers in the U.S. As such, selecting the right commercial cleaning company can be an arduous task. However, here are a few easy steps to take when choosing a service provider:
- Identify your company's cleaning needs and record them: For example, if you are into food service, the kitchen is an area that is always in use and can harbor dirt and grime. So, identify these areas and other nooks and crannies in your facility that require special care.
- Inquire about the company's services: For a start, you can check their website and social media handles.
- Check out the deep cleaning company's reputation: Online reviews are often a good start. You may also check testimonials of brands who have used the cleaning company’s services to learn their opinions.
- Ask about the company's staff and their capabilities: You wouldn't want to come back after your holiday to a lackluster job, so pay attention to every detail.
- Verify if the company is available and flexible to suit your schedule: It’s important to confirm how available the holiday cleaning company is to work within your scheduled time, especially around the holidays.
- Ask for a quote from each company: Every business owner wants to save money. So inquire with multiple cleaning companies and select the best within your budget.
Benefits of Investing in Regular Professional Deep Cleaning Services.
You can choose to hire commercial cleaning services to put your space in order once in a while. But that may not be the best idea because deep cleaning needs to be more frequent than a "once a year" thing. Some benefits of investing in regular professional deep cleaning services are:
- Improved air quality and reduced allergens within your working spaces.
- Professional quality cleaning experience for your company.
- Improved and welcoming facility appearance for your clients’ comfort.
- Healthier working environment for you, your clients, and your employees.
- You save time and energy when searching for and booking a professional deep cleaning service.
How to Ensure Your Commercial Space Is Thoroughly Cleaned After the Holidays Are Over
Deep cleaning for the holidays is a great period for all-around office cleaning. But it doesn't stop there. When the holidays are over and work resumes, you will have your entire office space staring at you, and chances are that the dust particles will have found their way back in. So it's highly recommended you get the entire place cleaned up again.
Instead of stressing yourself and your staff, the best thing to do is to hire professionals to do the job. Most companies resort to keeping a commercial cleaning service provider on retainer for either daily, weekly, or monthly cleaning to ensure no stone is left unturned. The result is happy employees, happy customers, and high returns on investment.
There are several methods of deep cleaning within your facility, like basic and comprehensive deep cleaning. However, you have learned some important tips and the benefits of using a professional commercial cleaning service.
If you are unsure where to start, Georgia Facility Services offers the best commercial, janitorial, and facility cleaning services. With over a decade of professional experience, we are OSHA-certified and have many satisfied clients. You can call now for more information and request a quote!